The holiday season is often called the most wonderful time of year — with fun parties to attend, thoughtful gifts to exchange & family traditions to continue — but it can also wreak havoc on your health, affecting sleep, stress, inflammation and general nutrition.
The good news: We’ve identified four unique holiday personalities, and each one benefits from specific routines to support a happy (and healthy!) season. Keep reading to discover your Holiday Personality and what you can do to thrive this holiday season!
So, which Holiday Personality are you? Let’s find out! Take the quiz or read on!
The “Holiday Hero”
Decorating the house. Buying the presents. Hosting the events. You love the holiday season and every tradition it brings, and you pretty much do it all— joyfully.
You lead a healthy lifestyle, with a good diet and plenty of exercise, but it’s easy to let things slide this time of year: grabbing a less-than-nutritious snack while running errands, staying up late to wrap gifts and feeling the pressure to make every moment perfect. Because you value your health and well-being, your goal is to maintain your energy levels and support your immune system. But you’re busy, and you need a simple routine so you can spend as much time as possible celebrating with your family. We’ve got just the thing, with a comprehensive approach that addresses how you live, what you eat & which supplements you take.
Lifestyle Strategies: Start your morning with a simple 10-minute meditation, and watch how your entire day unfolds differently (and for the better!). To ensure this short meditation happens during the holidays, make it the very first thing you do in your day.
Nutrition Tips: Having protein at each meal helps stabilize your blood sugar and can be a game changer in your energy levels throughout the day. Ask yourself this question at each meal: “Where’s my protein?”
Supplement Routine: “To keep pace with all the holiday busy-ness, you’re moving too fast and doing too much. Now’s the time to support your overall health with this straight-forward supplement routine.†” — Dr. Erin Stokes, Naturopathic Doctor & MegaFood Medical Director
- DYK 70% of your immune system is in your gut? MegaFlora® supports both digestive and immune health†, which is a must during the holidays.
- Get 3-in-1 immune support (vitamins C and D3 and zinc) plus a traditionally used herb, Astragalus, with Daily Immune Support†.
- Get a daily bite of delight and immune support with Elderberry Immune Support† Gummies — each serving contains 400mg organic elderberry plus 6mg zinc, and includes real food like organic wild blueberries and organic ginger.
- A multivitamin helps fill the gaps in your diet when you’re having meals on the run and your eating habits are less than optimal.†
The “To-Do List Trooper”
There’s so much to do during the holiday rush, from wrapping up all of the year-end duties at work to the holiday cards, to wrapping all of the gifts before dashing to the party. In a word: Stress!
You’re used to maintaining a good work-life balance, but the holiday season leaves you feeling like there are never enough hours in the day, and you don’t have the time you need to perform at your best. Between socializing, working and managing family dynamics, you’re feeling the pressure — you’re relying on caffeine and sugar to keep you moving and you could use a little help to relax. You need an effortless routine that helps you manage holiday stress, fosters a sense of calm and supports overall health. We’ve got just the thing, with a comprehensive approach that addresses how you live, what you eat & which supplements you take.
Lifestyle Strategies: When a to-do list feels endless, employ the “one thing” approach to make it manageable. Ask yourself: “What is the one thing that has to get done today?” We know there are often several important things, but one usually rises to the top, like the report due to your boss by the end of day or the empty pet food bin that has to be replenished. Find that one thing and do it first. Then look at the rest of your list and let some of the other things go. It’s not easy, but it is effective in preventing the to-do list swirl!
Nutrition Tips: Eating right can feel like another to-do on your list. GIve yourself the gift of letting some meals simply be easy, and order healthy take-out from one of your favorite places.
Supplement Routine: “With so many items on your to-do list and no end in sight, it’s natural that stress overtakes joy. But you need to take care of yourself and this easy supplement routine does that, without being a burden.” — Dr. Erin Stokes, Naturopathic Doctor & MegaFood Medical Director
- Get stress relief in 30 minutes (or less) with Stress Reset†, delivering 200mg L-theanine per serving to provide fast-acting stress relief + B vitamins to support a healthy nervous system.†
- Many of us don’t get enough magnesium in our diet. Relax + Calm† Magnesium Soft Chews are a convenient, tasty way to promote relaxation, at night or any time of the day.†
- A multivitamin helps fill the gaps in your diet when you’re tackling that to-do list and skipping meals, and your eating habits are less than optimal.†
The “Sugar Plum Foodie”
Your favorite part of the holiday season? That’s easy: It’s the treats! From cookies to cocktails, from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Eve, you let your sweet tooth lead the way this time of year.
You adore the holidays, and it’s a challenge to balance treats with nutritious meals. As a result, you’re not feeling your best. Overindulging has left you with an upset stomach, bloating and a generally crummy feeling. You know your diet is missing key vitamins and minerals, and you know sugary foods leave your energy levels all over the place (creating a vicious cravings cycle). You need a structured routine to support your journey to find moderation and establish better habits, for success now and post-holidays. We’ve got just the thing, with a comprehensive approach that addresses how you live, what you eat & which supplements you take.
Lifestyle Strategies: When you’re craving another treat or a cocktail, movement can be a healthy (and fun!) distraction. Try to make walking outdoors a daily habit this time of year. Feeling pressed for time? Short walks count, too! It’s been shown that as little as 10 minutes spent outside on a walk can positively boost your mood.
Nutrition Tips: Incorporate meal planning and prep into each week to ensure you’re eating right and not skipping meals. This doesn’t have to be too complicated! Simple meals like a salad with protein for lunch and a healthy stew for dinner can help balance nutrition and keep sugar cravings at bay.
Supplement Routine: “I get it: Holiday treats are tempting! But indulging makes you want more treats, depleting your energy and leaving you with an upset stomach. Instead, treat yourself to a targeted supplement routine.” — Dr. Erin Stokes, Naturopathic Doctor & MegaFood Medical Director
- A probiotic is a must during the holidays! MegaFlora® includes 14 unique strains of probiotics to help restore and maintain the balance of healthy intestinal probiotics.†
- Sip on Digestive Health Water Enhancers daily during the season (your gut will thank you). Consider bringing a convenient packet with you to a holiday party to make a mocktail.
- A multivitamin helps fill the gaps in your diet when you’re eating more cookies and enjoying more cocktails than usual, and your eating habits are less than optimal.†
The “Sleepless Snowman”
Your mind runs 24/7 these days, going over (and over) all the tasks and obligations for the holidays, work and family. You don’t even have time to yawn.
You’re up way too late getting things done, from online shopping to holiday travel planning. Even when you finally make it to bed, you stay away thinking of all that’s left to accomplish. Your holiday cheer quickly turns to holiday overload, and lack of restful sleep leaves you depleted, irritable, incapable of concentrating and unable to keep up. You need a routine that helps you relax, find balance in your body and get enough quality sleep so you can break the cycle of sleepless nights and fully enjoy the season. We’ve got just the thing, with a comprehensive approach that addresses how you live, what you eat & which supplements you take.
Lifestyle Strategies: During this season, make a commitment to end each day with a warm bath or shower that has added lavender essential oil (10-15 drops in the bath or use lavender body wash in the shower) to help your body unwind and prepare for sleep.
Nutrition Tips: To support a restful night’s sleep, avoid caffeine after noon. And because alcohol has been clearly shown to disrupt our sleep patterns, minimize alcohol intake and stop drinking for the evening at least three hours before bed.
Supplement Routine: “Sleep is absolutely essential in these busy times, and we need more restful sleep to combat shorter days, colder weather and packed schedules. Wake up to the value of this important supplement routine.” — Dr. Erin Stokes, Naturopathic Doctor & MegaFood Medical Director
- Herbal Sleep can be taken 1-2 hours before bedtime (perhaps right before the warm bath or shower) when you're winding down for the evening . This all herbal blend contains time-tested and soothing botanicals (organic valerian root, organic Sensoril® ashwagandha, organic hops & organic passion flower) to promote restful sleep †
- Melatonin Sleep Gummies deliver 3mg melatonin per serving of two gummies to promote relaxation and healthy sleep cycles.† It’s recommended to take these 20-30 minutes before bedtime. The inclusion of organic wild blueberries and tart cherry help make these gummies delicious!
- Many of us aren’t getting enough magnesium through our diet alone! Relax + Calm† Magnesium Soft Chews are a convenient, tasty way to promote relaxation, at night or any time of the day.†
- A daily multivitamin helps fill the gaps in your diet as you work on restoring healthy sleep cycles.†
Official Contest Rules: No purchase is necessary. To enter, complete the prompt disclosed in each contest’s Instagram or Facebook post to win the described prize. One comment & like guarantees one entry. Users may enter each contest on Facebook and Instagram for two entries. Users may enter as many contests as they desire but can only win up to one (1) contest prize. Eligibility Period: Entries are valid up to one week after the initial post date at 11:59 PM EST. Eligibility: Participation is open to permanent legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Users must follow MegaFood’s Instagram and/or Facebook channels to qualify. Notification of winner: A winner will be selected at random using a random number generator. The winner will be notified by MegaFood’s verified Instagram or Facebook account via DM. The winner will be notified via the platform they entered the contest with. Please do not accept friend requests from accounts that are not verified. Sharing of financial information is not required to win. Content: By participating in this contest, you agree to give MegaFood a license to use your content on media channels including but not limited to: social media, website, email, and advertisements. Disclaimer: This giveaway is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by Facebook or Instagram in any way.