Crispy Beet Superfood Crackers
Ever want something different to snack on? Yes, us too! Feel guilty about snacking in general? Yes, us too! That’s why we love this recipe from our friend Danny Seo. Beets are amazing superfood, low in calories and a great source of nutrients, including fiber, folate and vitamin C. With the additional benefit of MegaFood Daily Energy powder to help with physical and mental stamina, this is one chip snack you won’t feel bad about! Enjoy!
Crispy Beet Super Food Crackers
Yield: 2 dozen crackers
- 1 medium beet, peeled and grated (approximately 1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon MegaFood Daily Energy Nutrient Booster Powder™
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup finely shredded nori (such as Eden nori krinkles)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, add the grated beets, oat flour, ground flax seeds, MegaFood Daily Energy Nutrient Booster Powder™ and olive oil, and stir to combine.
- Allow mixture to rest for 5 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon measure, scoop the batter and press flat into 1/8 inch rounds onto a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle dough with shredded nori, pumpkin seeds, and flaky sea salt and press gently to set garnishes in place.
- Bake dough for 10 minutes, gently brush with maple syrup, and transfer to a wired rack and cook for an additional 20 minutes, or until the crackers are firm to the touch.
- Remove tray from oven and serve the same day. Alternatively, cool crackers completely and transfer into an airtight container and store for up to 5 days.
Looking for some smoothie recipes for yourself? Visit our blog to find yummy smoothie, appetizer and dessert recipes!