Chocolate chunk maca energy bites recipe
MegaFood | September 2017
Currently obsessing over these Chocolate Chunk Maca Energy Bites from Sara Rotavera from Making Thyme for Health! They taste like cookie dough but are packed full of protein, healthy fats, and minerals. They’re made with our Daily Maca Plus for Women Nutrient Booster Powder which combines maca, a nourishing superfood found in the mountains of Peru, with herbs traditionally used to help maintain hormonal balance, menstrual cycle support and nervous system health.* Here’s what you need to make them!
Chocolate Chunk Maca Energy Bites
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 scoop Daily Maca Plus for Women Nutrient Booster Powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1.5 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- In a food processor, blend oats and seeds into a flour. Add almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, MegaFood Daily Maca Plus for Women, cinnamon and sea salt then pulse until a dough forms. You should be able to press it between your fingers and have it hold together. If it’s not sticky enough, try adding a tablespoon or two of water and pulsing until moistened. Lastly, add the chopped chocolate and pulse a few times until thoroughly combined.
- Using a scooper (or a spoon), scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the dough and roll into balls (makes about 12). Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour, serve and enjoy!
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Want to explore our other energy-related products? See which ones make sense for your needs.
Looking for more delicious recipes with MegaFood products? From yogurt bowls to smoothies, check out our recipe section!