FoodState is a pioneer in the natural products industry, being the first company to make vitamins from scratch, with farm fresh whole foods. For 40+ years, we have been making wholesome nutritional supplements that deliver the promise of farm fresh foods. All of us at FoodState are committed to producing the most authentic nourishment possible, and are dedicated to improving the lives of others with the products we make.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTIONS:
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for the management and execution of social media content as an online marketing strategy to attract potential new customers and build loyalty with existing ones. He/She oversees the MegaFood Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest channels and finds creative and bold ways to share the MegaFood brand story.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand the MegaFood brand target audience and what is important to them
- Represent the MegaFood brand personality via its social channels: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube
- Manage the monthly calendar of content, scheduling and deploying curated links and video posts across all social channels
- Oversee the layout of social media accounts
- Work directly with agency contacts to manage paid advertising across Facebook and Instagram. This includes promoted post content and page like campaigns
- Facilitate all visual assets from the creative team. Responsible for requesting visuals for content as they relate to product launches/campaigns, holidays, and other one-off posts, and seeing these elements through from creation to approval
- Execute monthly cross-promotional giveaways on Facebook & provides Content Curator with framework for post copy and imagery creation
- Work with our content syndication partner to execute a monthly campaign
- Monitor social follower commentary (including comments on MegaFood.com/blog), ensuring a timely response to all product and brand related inquiries and feedback as applicable
- Work with our Regulatory department to determine and monitor what types of content we can share
- Manage social media promotion budget and track all applicable expenses
- Serve as an admin to our internal G+ communities
- Develop, monitor and report on all social KPIs, tracking monthly engagements on Facebook & Instagram
- Research social media trends and communicate findings to the MarComm team on a weekly basis
- Help identify timely social media opportunities where MegaFood can inject itself into a relatable conversation and broaden its social reach
- Monitor all social activity to identify user generated content (UGC) worthy of resharing
- Help discover and respond to consumer outreach regarding influencer opportunities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree and minimum three years experience with social media marketing
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to develop content into creative, clear and concise storytelling
- Proficiency with social media channels; Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram in particular
- Ability to think strategically about when, how and what type of content works best according to goals and objectives set within marketing plan
- Interest in staying up-to-date with the social media industry and proactively sharing that knowledge upwards
- Ability to work cross-functionally with brand team members
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Knowledge of the Google platform- sheets, docs, etc.
- Ability to advance many projects simultaneously and adapt quickly to a direction change or shifting priorities.
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and other graphic design skills are a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A company that is in the business of improving peoples’ lives.
- A staff that is ready to mentor and encourage you to grow with the organization.
- An organization with a strong national and local presence and reputation, poised to become internationally renowned.
- Very competitive compensation plan that is salary and comprehensive benefits that are available your date of hire: medical, dental and life insurance, 10 paid holidays, and 12 days of PTO your first year, increasing to 15 days of PTO after your first anniversary and a matching 401(k).