MegaFood is a pioneer in the natural products industry, being the first company to make vitamins from scratch, with farm fresh whole foods. For 40+ years, we have been making wholesome nutritional supplements that deliver the promise of farm fresh foods. All of us at MegaFood are committed to producing the most authentic nourishment possible, and are dedicated to improving the lives of others with the products we make.
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for the development and execution of consumer marketing activities and tactics. He/She oversees PR, advertising, social media, company websites, consumer events, and integrated creative development. He/She manages staff and external agencies to meet defined goals. The Marketing Communications Manager finds unexpected and creative ways to deliver our unique, bold and disruptive storytelling and works in partnership with the Director of Marketing, senior management, internal cross-functional teams and external resources to create campaigns, events and communications materials to raise the bar, standards, and transparency expectations in the supplement industry.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Develop and execute ad and marketing campaigns and content, carrying themes and messaging across all communications channels.
● Develop and monitor KPIs for key marketing initiatives, update monthly trackers, and provide periodic reports to management for company and board presentations.
● Develop and execute consumer events, community sponsorship activities, and other unique opportunities as they arise.
● Manage the Public Relations firm to deliver on press coverage goals, unique content, and media opportunities, including speaking engagements for CEO and award submissions for products and key FoodState team members.
● Manage media planning and buying activities with outside agency, including added-value campaigns and push media-partners to provide unique and unexpected ways of reaching their audience.
● Manage the day-to-day needs of the MegaFood website with the Digital Experience Specialist - including design, content, updates, upgrades, and analytics.
● Manage Social Media, Blogger Outreach and consumer newsletters with the Social Engagement Activist to deliver unique content, contests, videos, and education.
● Develop and manage campaigns to highlight our Big T Transparency efforts.
● Create video concepts, scripts and direct video productions and editing.
● Manage design staff and outside agencies in meeting creative deliverables.
● Communicate all consumer marketing and PR activities to the entire FoodState Family - especially the sales team - so they have the tools to #buildtrust with our retailers by showing them all efforts the company puts forth to advertise and build awareness for the brand.
● Develop, input and manage budgets for areas of responsibility
● Hire staff, conduct performance reviews and set bonus objectives.
● Bachelor Degree in Marketing or Communications and a minimum of 6 years marketing communications experience.
● Strong creative, strategic, analytical, interpersonal, and project management skills.
● Demonstrated success in leading teams, executing against strategy, and delivering results.
● Experience managing outside creative agencies or partners (PR, Adv or other).
● Willingness to work on projects with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
● Must be a team player with a “can do” attitude.
● Must have an understanding of price/value when purchasing services and a proven track record of negotiating contracts for marketing and creative services.
● Must be able to demand performance.
● Ability to work well with, direct and motivate creative professionals (designers, art directors & copywriters, photographers & illustrators, printers) in order to achieve creative ideas and high quality marketing materials
● Ability to manage and advance many projects simultaneously and adapt quickly to a direction change or shifting priorities.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills adaptive to a broad range of audiences.
● Willingness and ability to travel as required.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A company that is in the business of improving peoples’ lives
- A staff that is ready to mentor and encourage you to grow with the organization
- An organization with a strong national and local presence and reputation, poised to become internationally renowned
- A supportive working environment with a premium training program
- Very competitive compensation plan that is salary plus commissions on sales and comprehensive benefits that are available your date of hire: medical, dental and life insurance, 10 paid holidays, and 12 days of PTO your first year, increasing to 15 days of PTO after your first anniversary and a matching 401(k).