FoodState is a pioneer in the natural products industry, being the first company to make vitamins from scratch, with farm fresh whole foods. For 40+ years, we have been making wholesome nutritional supplements that deliver the promise of farm fresh foods. All of us at FoodState are committed to producing the most authentic nourishment possible, and are dedicated to improving the lives of others with the products we make.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTIONS:
This highly visible, hands-on position will work collaboratively with the Leadership Team and subject matter experts to deliver transformational learning experiences to all levels of the organization with a focus on developing leadership capabilities. This position will be responsible for programmatic and consultative work associated with leadership development content and programs. This includes consulting with executive team members and employees to assess learning needs, employee readiness and performance gaps to develop strategies that align with FoodState’s business goals and objectives. This position is responsible for managing communication and execution of training initiatives and programs, reserving training space, ordering necessary supplies, room set up and break down, and material inventory and preparation. This position will also be responsible for the execution of FoodState’s formal new employee onboarding program. This position is responsible to ensure the highest quality plans are developed and implemented that are aligned with the talent needs of the business, linked to FoodState’s key competencies, and values the cultural framework of FoodState.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, design and manage targeted talent development programs, tools and processes that enhance the capability of key leaders for the entire organization.
- Collaborate with the the Executive Leadership team to develop a succession planning model for FoodState.
- Identify a custom FoodState portfolio of development experiences and tools for senior leaders, hi-potentials and developing managers/leaders, and tracks participation and impact of those for accelerating development.
- Support FoodState’s Learning Management System (LMS), rollout, design, content, and metrics.
- Conduct organizational needs assessments to determine knowledge and skills gaps.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, develop an overall training plan to help resolve identified skills gaps and topical training initiatives (Onboarding, Asana, Expensify, sales tools) within the company.
- Implement metrics and analytics that effectively measure, benchmark and monitor the learning and development impact to the organization.
- Work with external educators, vendors and consultants when necessary, and negotiate cost-effective solutions.
- Stay abreast of latest developments in management, leadership, and organizational development areas to serve as subject matter expert and internal consultant regarding critical people issues, team effectiveness, change management, employee engagement and cultural transformation.
- Ensure that the company’s performance management system is a tool that encourages ownership of employee development opportunities and identifies essential competency needs by employee role/leadership level.
- Keep current on effective training delivery and/or curriculum development techniques.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- L&D EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 4 - 6 years in learning & development roles in a dynamic environment– including true ownership and execution of design, development, execution and measurement
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Planning and executing learning and development initiatives/events – managing multiple projects at once and thriving with both long term planning and immediate needs
- PRODUCING RESULTS: Moving from ideas to action quickly and constantly moving things forward
- USING TECHNOLOGY: Comfortable with basic productivity software (MS Office, Google Apps, Asana), Learning Management Systems (Cornerstone is a plus!) and platforms (online, mobile, social, etc), webinar/video conferencing tools
- DETAIL ORIENTATION: Relentless quality control (grammar, voice, accuracy) and design application (branding, style aesthetics) in content and experiences
- COLLABORATIVE SELF MANAGEMENT: Driven and motivated self-starter who can work autonomously AND manage up and across – building and maintaining strong relationships will be crucial to success
- PRESENCE: Confident presentation skills and ability to comfortably speak in front of a group – including senior level leaders; Ability to communicate effectively and flexibly with a variety of audiences
- CURIOSITY: A habit of self-development through reading, networking and participating in continuing education events to stay abreast of current, relevant training and development topics.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A company that is in the business of improving peoples’ lives.
- A staff that is ready to mentor and encourage you to grow with the organization.
- An organization with a strong national and local presence and reputation, poised to become internationally renowned.
- Very competitive compensation plan that is salary and comprehensive benefits that are available your date of hire: medical, dental and life insurance, 10 paid holidays, and 12 days of PTO your first year, increasing to 15 days of PTO after your first anniversary and a matching 401(k).