FoodState is a pioneer in the natural products industry, being the first company to make vitamins from scratch, with farm fresh whole foods. For 40 years, we have been making wholesome nutritional supplements that deliver the promise of farm fresh foods. All of us at FoodState are committed to producing the most authentic nourishment possible, and are dedicated to improving the lives of others with the products we make.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTIONS:
This position will be responsible for all facets of work in the raw material warehouse, including, but not limited to: physical and systematic raw material movements, inbound and outbound material movements and supporting the manufacturing departments. This position will also support the Inventory Control team by performing cycle counts of our products, researching inventory variances, and entering adjustments in the perpetual inventory, all while respecting company system transaction policies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build raw material kits for Manufacturing departments
- Perform daily cycle counts, entering necessary inventory adjustments in the perpetual inventory system
- Check received items against packing list and record discrepancies
- Data entry of receipts, stockroom, and shipped items
- Document incoming and outgoing material and supplies
- Must follow prescribed procedures for safeguarding, storage, handing and accounting for item and material designated as classified, restricted, special project, or high priority
- Follows and comprehends written instructions/requests
- Communicates inventory concerns with Inventory Control, Fulfillment, Production Planning & Manufacturing departments
- Assists in monthly and year end physical inventory activities
- Contributes to the company’s and department’s Safety goals and initiatives by following all company safety policies and practices while effectively communicating any concerns
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of plant operations (manufacturing & maintenance), as well as, familiar with cGMP’s and safety regulations
- Inventory Control experience required including performing cycle counts and physical inventories
- Highly detail orientated with excellent organizational skills
- Able to communicate information clearly and concisely
- Familiar with computers and Microsoft Office programs
- Good organizational skills to track both paper and electronic files timely
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Will be required to use pallet jack or fork lift as needed
- May be required to move between buildings
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A company that is in the business of improving peoples’ lives.
- A staff that is ready to mentor and encourage you to grow with the organization.
- An organization with a strong national and local presence and reputation, poised to become internationally renowned.
- Very competitive compensation plan and comprehensive benefits that are available your date of hire: medical, dental and life insurance, 10 paid holidays, and 12 days of PTO your first year, increasing to 15 days of PTO after your first anniversary and a matching 401(k).