No-bake, coconut lemon immune bars
You know how important it is to get the right vitamins and minerals daily, especially during the winter months when your immune system needs extra support. Why not mix them right into delicious desserts?! The Hippy Homemaker shared this unique No Bake Coconut Lemon Immune Bars recipe with us and we had to pass it on. Mix in our MegaFood Daily C-Protect Nutrient Booster Powder™ as the perfect addition to the base layer of these lemon coconut bars, helping to boost your vitamin C while eating a guilt-free dessert!
GATHER BASE LAYER INGREDIENTS:
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 2 Tbsp. hemp hearts
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- fresh zest of 1 lemon
- 2 scoops MegaFood Daily C-Protect Nutrient Booster Powder™
- pinch of salt
GATHER TOP LAYER INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. raw coconut butter (I make my own by blending unsweetened coconut flakes in my Blendtec blender until it turns into a butter-like texture!)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- juice of 4 lemons, at room temperature
- pinch of turmeric for color (optional)
- lemon zest for topping
- unsweetened coconut flakes for topping
MAKE IT - BASE LAYER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Combine all of the base layer ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender.
- Blend until completely combined, taking care to scrape the sides and top down into the mixture.
- Line a 9×9 square pan with parchment paper.
- Scrape the base layer mixture into the parchment paper lined pan, pressing down firmly to evenly spread the mixture throughout the pan.
MAKE IT - TOP LAYER INSTRUCTIONS:
- In a double boiler (or a glass jar in a pan of water), melt the coconut oil, coconut butter, and maple syrup.
- Remove coconut/maple mixture from heat as soon as it’s completely melted to preserve as many nutrients as possible.
- Using a hand mixer, mix the coconut/maple mixture while slowly pouring the room temperature lemon juice into the mix. If the lemon juice is too cold, the mixture might not fully emulsify.
- Pour the coconut lemon mixture over the base layer in the pan and sprinkle extra coconut flakes and lemon zest to top.
- Put the coconut lemon bars in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, overnight preferred.
- Alternatively, you can put this in the freezer for a half hour before cutting and serving.
- Cut the lemon bars into 9 even squares and serve!
Interested in what other recipes we offer? Visit our blog for more amazing smoothies, appetizers, desserts and more!
If you’d like to learn more about our full line of immune support products, visit our Immune Health section.