What our label updates mean for you
MegaFood | Sept. 2020
Wondering why you’re seeing label changes? Rest assured our updates keep the same ingredients and same transparency you're used to. At-a-glance:
- Our product formulations and process have not changed! (phew, right?)
- We've made our supplement facts panel easier to read
- MegaFood minerals are now listed as the finished mineral being delivered (ie. “fermented mineral bisglycinate”)
- …and more
As a supplement maker, it is important that our labels are as clear as possible so you can make the right decisions for you and your family. While making some adjustments to comply with the latest regulatory labeling guidelines, we made a few other changes on our labels that you can expect to see soon. Here are some things you may notice:
- Improved Supplement Facts Panel formatting
- Supplement Facts Panels can be challenging to understand when they are different from brand to brand. To make them easier to read, we’ve improved how we format them.
- Updates to Suggested Use (“take with water”), etc.
- We often get questions about the best way to take our products, so when applicable, you may see a change in the Suggested Use of your favorite product.
- Add “Keep out of reach of children” statement to products that do not already have it
- Don’t let this one alarm you! For added safety, we want to make it clear which formulas are not appropriate for children with the appropriate statement right on the label. No more having to wonder if your kiddos can share your multi!
- Within the Supplement Facts Panel we've adjusted how we declare our MegaFood minerals – from “yeast bound mineral complex” to “fermented mineral bisglycinate,” for example – as it is a more precise description of the finished mineral being delivered. Let’s take a look at our process, using Blood Builder as an example:
The objective of our process is to deliver vitamins and minerals in a food nutrient complex. To craft our minerals, we begin with a specific single mineral in the form of an amino acid chelate with glycine (iron bisglycinate, for example). This is the starting point, and then we add live yeast to the iron bisglycinate and create fermented iron bisglycinate through aerobic fermentation. The result: MegaFood's iron is delivered in a food nutrient complex, and can be taken any time of day, even on an empty stomach.
In addition to those listed here, there are a number of smaller updates being made to our labels to enhance their readability, though it is important to note that this is a label-update only, and our products and process HAVE NOT changed. While we understand there may be an adjustment, we ultimately hope these updates make it easier for you and your family to find the products that are right for you! If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team at 800-848-2542, or via Live Chat!
Want to learn more about what makes MegaFood different? Well, as a vitamin and supplement company, we work toward a world where everyone is truly nourished. We want to change the world, starting with food.
We work with trusted farm partners, and together, we are a force for good. From creating premium products with radical transparency, to committing to organic and regenerative agriculture, we are nourishing our world from the roots by filling nutritional gaps and revolutionizing a broken farming system.
And as a proud B Corporation, we’re also cultivating a community of transparent suppliers, working to enable a thriving workforce, and supporting businesses, communities, and programs that share these same goals and values. All for a healthier, more sustainable and more resilient future.
That’s Nutrition with Ambition™. Are you ready to join us?