It’s International Women’s Day, and we’re putting the spotlight on a woman leader here at MegaFood, our very own Medical Director, Erin Stokes, ND.
We sat down to chat with Erin, who leads MegaFood’s education efforts!
Today is International Women’s Day, can you share with us a woman who personally inspires you?
Yes! There are many women that inspire me, but one woman that stands out is Jane Goodall, who I’ve been lucky enough to see speak in person. She opened new doors for women in the field of science, which is impressive considering that she didn’t have any formal science education before she went to live with and study chimpanzees in Africa! Jane Goodall is an excellent example of following your passion with purpose.
As a mom who works full-time and has a teenage son, and a 10 month old puppy, how do you find balance in your life?
I honestly think the word “balance” is a bit of a misnomer in most of our lives! I’d say it’s more like doing a dance that is always changing. Every day is a different adventure, but I find a reassuring steadiness and strength in my daily health routines that I strive to keep up with, no matter what else is going on in my life.
Speaking of routine, what are your top 3 “non-negotiable” daily health routines?
- Meditate first in the morning (or it doesn’t happen!)
- Get outside on a walk with our dog (in all kinds of weather!)
- Take my MegaFood Women’s multi (anytime of day)
What are your favorite MegaFood supplements?
- Women’s Advanced Multivitamin - I love this women’s multi with a full spectrum of B vitamins, including methylated folate and B12, and a super important nutrient to support cognitive function that many multis are missing - choline.
- MegaFlora Probiotic - My daily probiotic for over a decade! During those rare times that I run out, I really notice that my digestion is not as optimal.
- Turmeric Curcumin Extra Strength Whole Body - I’m a very active person who loves to be outdoors - whether on a family hike with our puppy or out on a solo trail run. This turmeric supplement is my go-to for supporting a healthy inflammation response.