MegaFood | July 2023
Veggie-Packed Rainbow Quesadillas
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers (assorted colors)
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or dairy-free cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: salsa, guacamole, or sour cream
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the broccoli, bell peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add the baby spinach leaves and diced tomatoes to the skillet. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the spinach wilts slightly. Season with dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Heat a separate large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place one tortilla on the skillet and spread a layer of the vegetable mixture evenly over half of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese on top of the vegetables. Fold the empty half of the tortilla over the filling to create a half-moon shape.
- Cook the quesadilla for about 2-3 minutes on each side until the tortilla is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas and vegetable mixture.
- Remove the cooked quesadillas from the skillet and let them cool for a few minutes before cutting into wedges.
- Serve the rainbow quesadilla wedges with optional toppings like salsa, guacamole, or sour cream.
These veggie-packed rainbow quesadillas are not only kid-friendly but also provide a wealth of healthy vegetables rich in vitamin B. They make a delightful meal or snack, and you can customize them with your child's favorite toppings. Enjoy the flavors and the nutritional benefits!
Supplement your kids vitamin B intake with MegaFood’s Kids B Complex. A mini convenient tab, with folate and B12, plus real food.