MegaFood™ Supports its Farm Fresh Partners with $30,000 Donation
Each Farm Fresh Partner received $5,000 from MegaFood to support local nonprofits
MANCHESTER, N.H., March 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- MegaFood, a leader in the natural supplement industry, recently donated a total of $30,000 to its Farm Fresh Partners' chosen charities at the Natural Products Expo West trade show in Anaheim, CA.
In addition to all of the work they put into their farms, each one of MegaFood's Farm Fresh Partners puts their time and energy into a local nonprofit in their community. MegaFood believes in all of the work that these organizations are doing to advocate for sustainable and organic agriculture and community programs, and supports them as part of its core value "Share the Love."
"It's such an honor to be able to donate to these amazing organizations that our Farm Fresh Partners support and care for in their communities," says MegaFood CEO Robert Craven. "From organic agriculture to art to community funding, we're proud that these dollars support a broad range of initiatives that align with our mission of improving lives."
"We're thrilled to continue our partnership with MegaFood that helps further our mission of educating farmers and consumers about the benefits of an organic lifestyle. Florida Organic Growers shares the same vision. We are excited to continue this partnership," says Matt McLean, CEO and Founder of Uncle Matt's Organic.
This annual donation is a portion of the profits from the MegaFood products that use whole foods from family farmers, such as: Complex C, Turmeric Strength™, Pure Cranberry, Blood Builder® and Balanced B Complex.
The following nonprofits were supported by a $5,000 donation from MegaFood:
- Florida Organic Growers (Uncle Matt's Organics): The Florida Organic Growers (FOG) & Outreach Program projects generate knowledge, share resources and apply the expertise of FOG in ways that advance organic agriculture and healthy & just food systems.
- Farm Aid (Lundberg Family Farms): Farm Aid is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to ensure family farms not only survive, but thrive.
- The Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (Stahlbush Island Farms): The Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (JSMA) is the sole accredited academic museum in the state of Oregon, located at the University of Oregon. The donation will benefit the art and healthy eating curriculum.
- Three Lakes Community Fund (James Lake Farms): Three Lakes Community Funds offers grants and funding to philanthropic projects within the town of Three Lakes, Wisconsin.
- Hawaiian Islands Land Trust (Kauai Organic Farms): Hawaiian Islands Land Trust (HILT) is committed to working with private landowners, community groups, community leaders and government partners to protect Hawaii's precious lands.
- Dorothy's Place (Foxy Organic): Dorothy's Place, a multi-faceted nonprofit organization, operates on the principles of love, respect and compassion, with a central mission to provide "essential services and transitional support to people experiencing the injustice of homelessness and extreme poverty."
For more information on how MegaFood is involved with these nonprofits, please visit: https://megafood.com/friends-of-megafood/our-charities/