Choosing a multivitamin for you and your family
MegaFood | October 2021
At MegaFood, we believe a just-right multivitamin is an easy, everyday way to nurture your true nature, and your family’s, too. The way we see it, an effective foundational multi is an important part of a healthy lifestyle, helping address any nutritional gaps and powering you - and every member of the family - to be your most authentic self.
The catch: It can be daunting to find a multi that addresses each of your specific needs! After all, there’s a multitude of multi options available nowadays on pharmacy store shelves, big box stores and, of course, your local natural products store or co-op retailer. Even within a single brand, you may find a range of options, broken up by age, gender and even number of tablets per day. On top of that, every member of the family has a unique lifestyle, unique diet and unique habits, resulting in what may be unique nutritional needs across the board.
Feeling overwhelmed? (No wonder only ⅓ of Americans currently take a multi.Footnote 1) To help simplify things, we’re breaking down the differences between our multi options to help you find a just-right choice for yourself and your family members. Regardless of which MegaFood multi you choose, you can rest assured that as a brand obsessed with quality, purity and safety, all our multivitamins are made with vitamins, minerals and real food from trusted farm partners, plus added nutrients, are Non-GMO Project Verified, certified glyphosate residue free, tested for 125+ herbicides and pesticides and free from gluten, dairy and soy.
Potency: take two
Our doctor-formulated multivitamins were created by our Chief Medical Advisor Tieraona Low Dog, M.D., who literally wrote the book on the gaps in our diet, and shared her expertise to help us make the most up-to-date multi we possibly could.
The doctor-formulated multis boast:
- 70% daily value or more for many of the key nutrients
- Active forms of B12 and folate for those seeking the methyl forms
- Active forms of B6 and B2
Choline is a member of the B-vitamin family, and is vital for healthy cognitive function and more*. The primary way to get it in the diet is by eating eggs, which makes it a challenging nutrient to get if you’re not a fan, or are following a plant-based diet. If you think your dietary intake of choline may be low, you may want to check your current multi for choline, and consider upgrading to a formula that offers it.
The doctor-formulated multis are great options for:
- Those looking to get the most nutrition from their multi as possible
- Those open to taking two tablets per day
- Those who desire methylated forms of folate and B12
Convenience & delivery
Another option is our popular supplement for first-timers, One Daily multivitamins that pack quite a punch in just a single tablet. This includes Women’s One Daily, Women Over 40 One Daily, Women Over 55 One Daily, Men’s One Daily, Men Over 40 One Daily, Men Over 55 One Daily, One Daily, and One Daily Iron Free.
One Daily’s are great options for a range of folks, including:
- Those starting supplementation for the first time
- Those with diets rich in fresh whole foods
- Those taking several other supplements
- Those that want “one & done”
Take a break from tablets
Tablets aren’t for everyone, we get it. In fact, studies show up to 40% of the adult US population has difficulty swallowing tablets.Footnote 2 This can make it challenging to ensure you’re getting the nutrition you need, which is why we offer multi gummies for women, men, kids and pregnant women as well as soft chews for women and kids. Both options help fill nutritional gaps in an enjoyable, tablet-free way.
Women’s Multi Gummies, Men’s Multi GummiesKids Multi Gummies and Baby & Me 2™ Prenatal Multi Gummies
- Are formulated our way, the right way, with a score of essential nutrients, like B vitamins to support cellular energy production*
- Vegetarian, and made without high-fructose corn syrup or gelatin
- Contain three grams of sugar per two-gummy serving
Both Women's One Daily Multivitamin Soft Chews and Kids One Daily Multivitamin Soft Chews:
- Include real foods such as cranberries from trusted partners that share our commitment to organic and regenerative agriculture
- Contain three grams of sugar per serving
- Are individually wrapped and come in a resealable bag to maintain freshness
Get optimal nutrition during every stage of pregnancy and once baby arrives with our prenatal and postnatal multis. Like Baby & Me 2™ Prenatal Multi provides optimal nutrition before and during pregnancy with essentials like choline to support developing fetal health* and Baby & Me 2 Postnatal Multi multi helps new moms meet changing nutritional needs while nursing with herbs like Moringa leaf to support milk production.*
These doctor-formulated multivitamins were created by our Chief Medical Advisor Tieraona Low Dog, M.D., an internationally recognized expert in the fields of integrative medicine, dietary supplements and women’s health. In addition, both multis may be taken anytime of day, even on an empty stomach, a win when dealing with morning sickness or the what-time-is-it? pressures of new motherhood.
Don’t forget to baby yourself with our complete line of Baby & Me 2 products, including:
- Baby & Me 2 Prenatal Probiotic + Prebiotic, to support healthy digestive and immune systems of moms and baby or nursing moms*
- Baby & Me 2 Morning Sickness Nausea Relief* Soft Chews, with the nausea-fighting power of ginger and vitamin B6*
- Baby & Me 2 Prenatal DHA & Choline, to support healthy brain development for mom and baby during pregnancy and breastfeeding*
For children & teens!
Kids have unique nutritional needs, and we give you multi options to meet those needs!
The best multivitamin for your child is the one they take regularly. To cover all the bases, we offer a variety of formats. In addition to our yummy, berrylicious Kids Multi Gummies, and our delicious, grape-flavored Kids One Daily Multivitamin Soft Chews, we offer:
- Kids Daily Multi Powder™, a yummy stir-and-sip powdered multi that blends easily into water or juice and supports healthy growth and development of children 5 years of age and older*
- Kids One Daily, an easy-to-swallow, once-daily mini tablet that provides 24 nutrients for comprehensive nutritional support of children 5 years of age and older*
- Alpha-Teen™, which delivers specific levels of vitamins and minerals to support the optimal health and well-being of teens aged 13 to 18*
The bottom line? We all have different lifestyles, diets, and habits, and so all our nutritional needs may be different. Embrace that and find a multivitamin suited for your unique needs!
Want to learn about what other key nutrients can help you with optimal wellness and cellular energy production? Build your energy from the ground up.