Should you take a supplement for stress?
MegaFood | Nov. 2020
Stress is an unfortunate reality for so many of us, and figuring out how to best manage it can feel like a full-time job - one we don’t have time for. Fortunately, our full-time job is making products that make your life easier by supporting your optimal health and wellness, conveniently.* And that is precisely why we crafted our newest formulation, Stress Protect*, a great supplement for occasional stress support.
Stress might seem like an unavoidable companion to modern life, but how our body responds to it is incredibly important. A healthy stress response ensures that when we encounter everyday stressors, our body responds appropriately. This is where supplements can help!
Stress Protect* is an herbal adaptogenic formulation designed to promote a healthy stress response.* Adaptogens are a category of botanicals that support the reduction of feelings of stress.* Stress Protect* contains clinically researched Sensoril® ashwagandha, along with adaptogenic herbs rhodiola root, schisandra berries, astragalus root and holy basil leaf. Let’s take a look at some of these amazing adaptogens!
- Small, woody shrub, native to parts of India, North Africa, and the Middle EastFootnote 1
- Has played an important role in Ayurvedic medicine for over 4,000 yearsFootnote 1
- Clinically shown to support the body's management of stress*
- Shown to help to release tension*
- Backed by eleven clinical studies (both in the United States and internationally)Footnote 4
- Contains the highest level of bioactive compounds - withanolides - available because it uniquely uses both the roots and leaves of the ashwagandha plantFootnote 4
- Known as “golden root,” rhodiola is a thick-leaved plant that grows in cold, mountainous regions of the Northern HemisphereFootnote 2
- Used for centuries, and it is believed that the Vikings used it to support their strength and endurance during their long voyagesFootnote 2
- Supports athletic endurance and stamina*
- A deciduous, woody vine, Schisandra is native to northern China, Korea, and JapanFootnote 3
- It is known as the “five flavor berry,” as it offers sweet, sour, bitter, and salty flavors, as well as pungent heat, all at the same timeFootnote 3
- This flavorful berry, as part of an adaptogenic botanical blend, supports the reduction of feelings of stress*
The combination of ingredients in this supplement help to maintain healthy cortisol levels and support the body's response to stress, which can also help to maintain a healthy immune system.*
What’s better, all this stress support is contained in just two tablets daily, making it as convenient as it is practical. And if you need any more reasons to love this formula, you’ll be happy to know it is certified glyphosate residue free, Non GMO Project Verified, tested for over 125 different herbicides and pesticides, and free of gluten, dairy, and soy. Now take a deep breath, sit back, and let Stress Protect* help you relax!
Explore all of our sleep & stress support options!
1Guide to Medicinal Herbs Johnson, Foster, Low Dog M.D., Kiefer M.D., 316;319 2 Guide to Medicinal Herbs Johnson, Foster, Low Dog M.D., Kiefer M.D., 339