Certifications & Third Party Testing
All MegaFood products undergo a variety of testing, including heavy metals, contaminants, yeasts, mold, identity, and potency verification. MegaFood’s internal quality management system is NSF Certified. We operate an ISO9001 certified laboratory and work with third-party analytics for additional testing and result verification.
Third party certifications include Certified B Corporation, Certified Glyphosate Residue Free, Non-GMO Project Verified, and where applicable – USDA Organic Certification, Certified Vegan and Certified Kosher.
For more specific information, please click here.
NSF provides testing, auditing and certification services to assure consumers that an independent organization has reviewed a product or system to comply with specific standards for safety, quality, sustainability or performance. MegaFood’s internal quality management system is NSF Certified.
For more information, please visit nsf.org
MegaFood supplements are made without the 9 common food allergens:milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, fish, shellfish and sesame. “Made Without 9 Food Allergens” is an internal MegaFood standard with a seal that appears on bottles along with our other certifications.
Corn is not considered to be one of the top 9 allergens. Our ascorbic acid is derived from non-gmo corn, but is extracted by a method that removes corn proteins. We do not test for the presence of corn and are not aware of a reliable current test.
- identity (what's listed on the label is in the product)
- purity (control of contaminants such as heavy metals and pathogens)
- quality (food safety, i.e., clean water, no pests, trained and hygienic personnel)
- strength (active ingredients to end of shelf life), and
- composition (everything in the product is permitted and controlled for in manufacturing).
- MegaFood complies with these laws and regulations by, for example, instituting tight controls over manufacturing, by qualifying that all our suppliers and internal personnel meet our stringent standards, and subjecting our raw materials and finished goods to robust lab testing.
Legally the FDA is not permitted to “approve” dietary supplements; to do that FDA must be granted authority by Congress. However, FDA does have the power to hold companies accountable for abiding by existing laws. And they do! See FDA Warning Letters.
MegaFood hires a qualified third party, NSF, to audit our facilities every year to ensure we're following federal laws and industry standards. In fact, at MegaFood’s 2023 audit NSF had no observations (meaning we got the highest possible score!) FDA also performs surprise audits of our facilities every few years.
Certified Kosher verifies products meet specific standards around cleanliness, purity, and quality. We seek out this third party certification for as many supplements as possible, but it can be a challenge to obtain for products that are made at a contract manufacturer. We label all of our Certified Kosher products with the Certified Kosher seal online and on packaging.
Learn more about Certified Kosher here.
Still have questions?Return to FAQ